Buscopan® IBS Relief has an antispasmodic action that specifically targets the source of IBS pain and discomfort. It starts to work in 15 minutes, acting directly on the muscle spasm in the bowel to quickly and effectively relieve the painful cramps and discomfort of IBS. Buscopan® IBS Relief is gentle on the stomach and can be used at the first sign of flare-up as needed. As very little is absorbed into the bloodstream it is also unlikely to cause any side effects such as drowsiness.
How to use
Buscopan® IBS Relief: It is recommended to start with 1 tablet 3 times a day. If you find that more relief is needed then this can be increased to a maximum dose of 2 tablets up to 4 times a day. The dosage can be adjusted depending on whether you’re having a mild or severe flare up. This helps you take control of your IBS symptoms. Not suitable for children under 12.
Adults and children 12 years and over: Swallow the tablet whole with water. Do not chew it.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Before taking Buscopan IBS Relief:
Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has diagnosed that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief if you:
- have glaucoma (an eye condition), megacolon (a very enlarged bowel) or myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle weakness condition)
- are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients of Buscopan IBS Relief.
If any of the following now apply to you, you must not use Buscopan IBS Relief without first discussing it with your doctor, even if you know you have IBS:
- if you are aged 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time
- if you have recently passed blood from the bowel
- if you suffer from severe constipation
- if you are feeling sick or vomiting
- if you have lost your appetite or lost weight
- if you have difficulty or pain passing urine
- if you have a fever
- if you have recently travelled abroad
You should also tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant or if you are breast feeding.
- if you have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems
- if you have previously been treated by a doctor for a severe sweating disorder
- if you are taking an antidepressant, major tranquilliser, antihistamine, antiviral drug, dopamine antagonist (e.g. metclopramide), or a medicine to treat a heart problem.
- Buscopan IBS Relief can occasionally cause temporary vision problems. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
If in doubt ask your pharmacist or doctor
Active Ingredient: Hyoscine butylbromide 10mg
See product leaflet for full list of ingredients