Maalox Suspension is a treatment that works to reduce the effects of indigestion. This solution contains 2 different ingredients, which are:
- Aluminium hydroxide
- Magnesium hydroxide
These are what are called antacids. Antacids reduce the acidity of stomach acid, which helps to reduce indigestion, an upset stomach, and heartburn.
This oral suspension is suitable for adults and children aged 14 and over. It should not be used by anyone who is allergic to the ingredients contained in the suspension. You should also not use this treatment if:
- You feel weak and have no energy
- You have kidney problems
- You have severe stomach pain
- You have a partial or fully blocked bowel
How to use
Adults (including the elderly): 1 - 2 ml taken 2 minutes to one hour after meals and at bedtime or as required. Maalox can be taken with water or milk if required. Children: Not recommended for children under 14 years.
- Each 5ml of suspension contains 175mg of aluminium hydroxide and 200mg of magnesium hydroxide as the active ingredients.
- The other ingredients are: hydrochloric acid, citric acid monohydrate, peppermint oil, mannitol (E421), domiphen bromide, saccharin sodium, sorbitol liquid (E420), hydrogen peroxide and purified water.